Assistant Manager - The Red Lion - Lower Eashing, Godalming
Want to be part of our exciting new chapter at Red Mist Leisure, supporting in our accelerated growth and development from this year?
We are looking for an experienced pub Assistant Manager to join our team at our beautiful Red Lion pub and B&B, located on Odiham’s picturesque High Street, near to Hook and Basingstoke.
You will be an enthusiastic leader, who shares our passion for great food and drink. You will be a highly valued and crucial part of the front of house team, capable of managing and motivating the bar and front of house team to ensure that our customers have an exceptional experience every time. This role will give you a great opportunity hone your business and leadership skills whilst you work with the Pub Manager and Deputy Manager as a key contributor to daily operational decisions and implementing new procedures where necessary.
- Annual salary of £23,000 per annum
- Share of gratuities circa £4,000 per annum, paid monthly
Other support to you
- 3% maximum pension contribution
- 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- Increased annual leave through length of service
- Free meals on duty
- Our new induction programme and Career Path offers structured development and career progression, supporting in being ready for new opportunities within a growing business
- Regular social events and familiarisation trips
- Regular in-house team competitions and recognition awards
- Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, cinemas and more
- Involvement in our charity days and events
What we need from you
- Successful leadership experience motivating and developing others, retaining people and increasing team morale.
- You will be independent and self-sufficient, confident in making clear decisions and being able to deliver a structured plan as to how you will achieve the business goals.
- A passion for great food and drink. We want our people to express real enthusiasm and love for the fresh food and array of drinks we offer
- A customer focussed mindset. You will always strive to please them, constantly adapting to ensure you are exceeding their expectations
- An exceptional level of communication to ensure that all customers and staff queries are approached in a professional and consistent manner
- An honest, dedicated and hardworking approach
- Strong Enthusiasm. You will take real pride in achieving exceptional results and ensuring that your enthusiasm is filtered through your team
- A great sense of humour! You will enjoy your work and the interaction you have with customers and your team members
- Ambition and drive, being standards driven to achieve all operational standards and commercial targets
- Engagement with the local community to develop trade, improve the reputation of the pub and to ensure the pub is an essential pillar in the community with the ability and initiative to maximise sales through quickly and professionally dealing with all enquiries
- Health & safety aware always, ensuring that health and safety procedures are maintained, monitored, and recorded correctly
- Proficient in IT, with an understanding of social media