Permanent Front of House Staff (temp roles also available)
Above the front door at Squerryes Court is the family motto: Licet Esse Beatis, which means: ‘it’s permitted to be joyful’. We’re in the business of creating joy and as well as their service skills, our staff must help us to embody this.
We are looking for hard-working, experienced waitstaff to join our front of house team for our restaurants. The Terrace Restaurant is an outside space, boasting blissful views of our beautiful vineyards and 100 covers. The Bottle Store Restaurant (which is inside), offers a more intimate experience with plenty of character and 75 covers. Both offer a fine dining experience within the idyllic Kent countryside, accompanied by our delicious English sparkling wine.
You would be a key player in a team responsible for ensuring that all of our clients have a wonderful experience - warm, welcoming, friendly and proficient in smooth service. Many of our clients are Squerryes members, meaning they come back to our restaurants time after time so we are keen to create a positively unforgettable dining experience for all. The job requires a high level of customer interaction and attention to detail. Prior hospitality experience is vital, as is a willingness to work hard and follow instructions is a requirement. Being proactive, smart, hard-working and fast learning are all crucial.
About the estate:
Squerryes is a 2,500 acre working estate just outside Westerham at the foot of the North Downs. On the estate we have a busy Winery, including a restaurant which during the warmer months has a bustling outdoor terrace and garden, for the colder months a stylish indoor restaurant. Our menu is Garden of England and Squerryes estate focused, with provenance and seasonality playing a key part in all we do. Our high-end estate restaurant is set in beautiful countryside overlooking the vines of the Squerryes award-winning English sparkling wines. There is a hardworking and friendly team of chefs and service staff and other estate staff already in place.
- creating a welcoming environment for all of our customers, ensuring their experience is positively unforgettable.
- ability to work as a team - our team is the main reason for our success, so it is crucial you are a team player.
- going above and beyond to provide customers with outstanding service to pair with outstanding food and wine.
- following necessary health and safety protocol; especially important given the current climate!
Your benefits (on top of salary, of course):
- a 15% discount on our delicious English sparkling wines
- staff food every day, cooked by our Executive Chef, Alexander Baillieu
- holiday pay and NI
- a thorough wine education
- at least 2 days off a week
- a share of staff tips in addition to your hourly rate! (these are not taken by management)
Any applicants should have service experience and be available regularly during and beyond the summer months.
Please note that our restaurants are not easily accessible by public transport.