- Switching on kitchen equipment ensuring it is fully functioning to start the day
- Making sure food is prepared and ready for start of service
- EHO procedures and regulations
- Staff communication to make staff aware of daily specials as well as other key information
- Building timing skills ensuring that food is leaving the kitchen efficiently and to the exceptional standard
- Working on organisation skills by making sure the kitchen is kept to an exceptional standard of hygiene throughout service
- Developing cooking skills
- Increasing food knowledge to understand what foods compliment each other
- Exception presentation skills when assisting head chef with plating food during regular service/functions.
Kitchen organisation and running:
- Receiving deliveries and checking all items have been delivered and in good quality
- Taking inventories of kitchen supplies and notifying head chef/manager of what supplies need to be ordered.
- Performing cleaning duties to ensure work stations are clean both during and end of service
- Preparing meal items for the following day.