Job Title: Food & Beverage Manager
Location: Ashridge House, Berkhamsted, HP4 1NS
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager
Salary: Competitive salary
Are you looking for the next step in your career and hungry to make a difference?
If you are passionate about food and have the ambition to be part of our exciting journey to become the best provider of hospitality then we have a wonderful opportunity for you. With your experience we expect you to drive new ideas and turn concepts into reality with the support of the wider management team. Ashridge House has the ambition to deliver the highest of experiences to our B2B and B2C guests through new outlets including multiple restaurants and our Courtyard Café. A ‘can do attitude‘ and a passion for delivering the highest of standards is paramount.
If you accept the challenge and want to be part of our exciting future then we want to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Management and motivation of the Food and Beverage Duty Managers and Assistants
- Deployment of staff to provide the excellent standards of service liaising with clients and guests to meet and exceed their expectations, and resolve any queries in an appropriate manner
- Supervision of the all service areas: dining rooms, bar, conference rooms and staff areas to include the planning and running of private functions and events
- Assist with the management of stock, equipment and maintenance
- Attending and contributing in operational meetings to discuss upcoming events and pro-actively contributing to these meetings
- Running regular training sessions with the staff in order to continue staff development and increasing the overall team performance and client satisfaction.
- Scheduling the staff rota ensuring that the necessary staff are on shift based on business levels.
- Develop new and exciting ideas to enhance our products and services we deliver to guests whilst being financially and commercially astute
- Interviewing candidates and recruiting future stars!
This role will suit an experienced Food and Beverage Manager looking to progress. We require an individual who has had the experience of leading a team and working to the highest standards, in a high-volume establishment with complex dining arrangements. You will be used to thinking on your feet and remaining calm under pressure. Additional requirements include:
- Excellent customer service with an ability to recognize how to exceed expectations
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to motivate, lead and develop a team
- Banqueting experience with high volume numbers
- A passion and in-depth knowledge of Food and Beverage
- Attention to detail is vital
- A working knowledge of cellar management
- Understanding of financials relating to purchasing and selling
- Awareness of health & safety and food hygiene legislation
- A Personal License holder
The successful candidate must be able to work shifts covering a day range of 6am till 2am. Requirements will be worked averaging 40 hours per week including weekends and bank holidays – sometimes more depending on the needs of the business. For this reason, it is essential to have your own transport.
- 25 days paid holiday
- Free access to the onsite gym
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Free on-site parking
- Free access to Ashridge Live
- Free online language lessons
Set in 190 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, Ashridge House is home to Hult Ashridge Executive Education – a world class leader in providing education to many recognizable household brands around the world. The magnificent house dating back 800 years is considered one of the finest event venues in the UK. Having hosted parties for Kings and Queens, Ashridge now provides that same royal service to all its guests whether they be at Ashridge House for a wedding, afternoon tea, educational program or those using our newly opened Courtyard Café.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a fun and dynamic organization whilst delivering a 5 star service to all of our guests.