Bar Team Member
Bar Team - Part Time: Daytimes (12pm - 6pm) only available for applicants with pub/restaurant experience. We are also looking to fill shifts on evenings & weekends.
The Abbey is local and destination pub & restaurant that has a large Real Ale & Cider following, live sport, and a high volume food offering. We are a real hub of the community as well as attracting customers from further afield.
We are looking for friendly, energetic and hard working team players that can show initiative and common sense. We have a variety of shifts available including day times only. These positions are for over 18s only due to serving alcohol. Experience is preferred but not essential as training will be given.
Before you apply please think about how you will get to and from work. Public transport is tricky, especially after 10pm.
What you can expect from us!
- Room to grow if you wish. Stonegate group is the largest pub company in the UK and we can offer a great training program if you wish to look at a future In hospitality.
- 25% discount off food and drink when you’re not working in all of our venues across the UK including Fever, Shrewsbury.
- Access to reduced cost vouchers and discounts at national shops and theme parks.
- Subsidised/free staff menu for when you’re working.
- A present on your birthday.
- Regular team incentives.
- A safe environment where your treated fairly and with respect.
- Wagestream: The ability to withdraw some of your pay before pay day.
- You get to work with a great team!!
What are we looking for?
- It goes without saying. You must have impeccable time keeping and maintain a great attendance record.
- Interact with our guests in a friendly and welcoming manner. Show them your brilliant personality.
- General cleaning duties you would expect with working in a restaurant or pub.
- take orders and serve our guest there food and drink.
- Know your products. We will guide you along the way.
If you have never worked behind a bar before. Don’t worry, we all had a first day some time in our career. If you’re engaging and friendly and don’t mind a little bit of hard work then do not hesitate. Apply today and become part of The Abbey team!
When applying. Please let us know your shift availability.
You don’t need any experience to join us as a Bar Team Member. You do need to be able to demonstrate that you are a great team player as well as being able to work unsupervised during busy times and be keen to learn.
We invest in our people and operate an award-winning internal training programme, as a Bar Team Member this will give you the opportunity to develop your career.
Stonegate is the largest pub company in the UK with over 1000 pubs, bars & clubs and over 12,000 passionate employees helping us deliver a fantastic customer experience.
So, whether you are looking to begin an exciting career in hospitality, or you are an experienced pub pro looking for a new challenge, we want you to be part of the Stonegate family.
Benefits of working for Stonegate Group:
Reward Card – 25% off Food & Drink
Wagestream – Ability to withdraw part of your salary prior to payday
Stonegate Xtra Rewards – Voluntary benefits from major high street retailers & travel
David Lloyd – 25% off gym membership
Employee Assistance – Licence Trade Charity
Stonegate Group can offer you a career as a Bar Team Member in your local pub, bar or Club.