L3 Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship Elveden Forest - Center Parcs
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will prepare, cook and present menu items to agreed standards. You will assist the Kitchen Managers with the general supervision and coaching of the Kitchen Assistants and deputise for the Kitchen Managers in their absence; maintaining the smooth running of the kitchen.
During your first 12 – 18 months you will blend learning activities into your normal working hours to enable you to grow your food knowledge, to deliver a great food product to our guests and to achieve the Senior Production Chef qualification.
You will be given all the help and support you need to succeed; you’ll receive full training and will be supported by your Manager and ‘HIT’ – our Hospitality Industry Training provider.
Your duties will include:
- The preparation, cooking and presentation of food to menu specifications·
- Learning about stock control, portion control and food wastage.
- Understanding dietary requirements.
- How to use specialist kitchen equipment safely and correctly.
- Keeping a safe and hygienic working environment·
- Keeping the kitchen clean, tidy and organised.
HOURS OF WORK
Working straight-shifts, you’ll be contracted to work 150 hours per 4-week period on a flexible basis. This means that your hours and days of work could vary each week, but you will always receive your contracted hours each period.
Center Parcs is open 365 days a year so you will be required to work a mixture of shifts, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
This is a permanent position during which an apprenticeship programme will be delivered. On completion of the programme you can continue to grow and develop in your role as a Line Cook or through further Chef Development and Manager programmes.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, able to motivate a team and have excellent communication skills.
- Previous relevant Kitchen experience including supervisory and training experience or previous experience as a Kitchen Assistant within a quality establishment producing a range of dishes using fresh produce
- Willingness to learn and motivated to complete apprenticeship activities.
- GCSE grade D (or equivalent) in Maths and English or the ability to achieve functional skills level 1 in Maths and English (full support will be provided)
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
Center Parcs is a fantastic place to work and the benefits are as impressive as they are unique. Here are just a few:
- Colleague Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme with Life Assurance
- Colleague Recognition and Reward Scheme – offering a choice of Center Parcs and High Street vouchers
- Free use of our leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in our restaurant and retail outlets
- Access to Perks at Work Portal - offering a wide range of retail and leisure discounts
- An Employee Assistance Program - providing support on financial, health and legal matters
- Excellent opportunities for career development and progression with the opportunity to gain externally recognised qualifications