Level 2 Production Chef Apprentice at Center Parcs, Elveden Forest - Center Parcs
This is a great ground-floor opportunity for any aspiring chef to join one of our friendly kitchen teams as a Kitchen Assistant, whilst undertaking a Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship qualification.As a production chef you will work as a valuable member of the team in a variety of kitchen environments, working with centrally developed standardised menus, producing high quality food in high volumes whilst maintaining excellent standards.
During your first 12 – 18 months you will blend learning activities into your normal working hours to enable you to grow your food knowledge, to deliver a great food product to our guests and to achieve the Production Chef qualification
You will be given all the help and support you need to succeed; you’ll receive full training and will be supported by your Manager and ‘HIT’ – our Hospitality Industry Training provider.
Your duties will include:
· The preparation, cooking and presentation of food to menu specifications
· Learning about stock control, portion control and food wastage
· Understanding dietary requirements
· How to use specialist kitchen equipment safely and correctly
· Keeping a safe and hygienic working environment
· Keeping the kitchen clean, tidy and organised
HOURS OF WORK
You be working straight shifts and covering approximately 37.5 hours per week on a flexible basis. This means that your hours and days of work could vary each week, but you will always receive your contracted hours each period and ahead of time.
Center Parcs is open 365 days a year so you will be required to work a mixture of shifts, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
This is a permanent position during which an apprenticeship programme will be delivered.
On completion of the programme you can continue to grow and develop in your role as a production chef or through further Chef Development and Manager programmes
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
Center Parcs is a fantastic place to work and the benefits are as impressive as they are unique. Here are just a few:
- Colleague Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme with Life Assurance
- Colleague Recognition and Reward Scheme – offering a choice of Center Parcs and High Street vouchers
- Free use of our leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in our restaurant and retail outlets
- Access to Perks at Work Portal - offering a wide range of retail and leisure discounts
- An Employee Assistance Program - providing support on financial, health and legal matters
- Excellent opportunities for career development and progression with the opportunity to gain externally recognised qualifications