Seasonal Team Member - YHA Boswinger
YHA Boswinger is looking to recruit a Seasonal Team Members to work 15 - 42.5 hours per week from March to October 2023, with Working Patterns 06:30 - 12:30, 07:00 - 16:00, 14:30 - 21:30 available.
YHA Boswinger is a small hostel located on the South Coast of Cornwall, just a quarter of a mile from the South West Coast Path. We host group and private hire bookings which keep us particularly busy between April and late July, when school visits are most popular. We are part of a welcoming community with rowing club, kayak hire, post offices and pub, plus an abundance of pretty swimming beaches that attract holiday makers throughout the summer season. Our most well known local attractions are the Lost Gardens of Heligan and The Eden Project. The hostel is a 1.5 mile walk from the bus stop where occasional buses run to the nearby town of St Austell. You will find it easier to work at YHA Boswinger if you have your own transport, or live in the surrounding villages.
What can YHA offer you?
YHA Boswinger is somewhere a little different, certainly not your average office. YHA offers a fantastic benefits package including:
- We pay £9.50 per hour - rising to £10.42 from 1st March 2023
- This role is fixed term for 9 months in the first instance. You will be offered between 15 and 42.5 hours per week depending on our business levels. A variety of shifts are available including mornings, day shifts, evenings and split shifts. Most of our work is on a Monday - Friday basis, but occasional weekend work may be offered. Shifts are negotiated to suit the business and staff availability. Please note, however, that some early starts are necessary for this role.
- We can offer live in accommodation if required (The current staff accommodation charge is £58.52 per week, however this may increase in line with government guidelines in 2023)
- You will get access to YHA’s staff discount and cash back portal
- Free YHA Membership each year
- 10 nights free hostel stays per year for you and up to 3 friends or family
There’s lots more benefits to working for YHA so please visit our YHA Jobs website to find out more.
What will you be doing as a Seasonal Team Member?
providing customer service and information about the hostel and local area
serving food and drinks front of house
carrying out cleaning and housekeeping duties
preparing food in the kitchen
What Skills and Experience do you need to be a Seasonal Team Member?
We value lived experience just as much as previous skills and knowledge. We offer a robust induction, ongoing training, and further development, however, some of our roles will have further skills requirements. It’s an advantage but not essential that our team members have experience volunteering or working with other people.
Duties vary so good communication skills and basic IT skills are advantageous. Excellent time keeping is essential. A responsible approach to work is necessary to ensure compliance with health, safety and hygiene standards.
How do you apply?
Submit your CV and complete the application form (it’s a short one, we promise!). If you need any assistance, please visit the contact page on the YHA Jobs website and someone from the team will help you.
Who are YHA?
If you would like to find out more about YHA the charity, the culture, the heritage and so much more please visit our jobs website.
YHA’s core strategic priority is access for all. It is a fundamental part of our charitable objects and the foundation upon which our 90-year history is built. We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone.
You can find out more about us by visiting the ‘Working for YHA’ pages of the YHA Jobs website.
PLEASE NOTE All relevant checks are in place to ensure safeguarding and legal requirements of safer recruitment are adhered to.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
YHA Job Title - Team Member
Keywords: Hospitality Assistant, Team Member, Hospitality Team Member