YHA Earls Court - London are looking to recruit a Housekeeping Team Member for 20+ hours per week.
What can YHA offer you?
YHA offers a fantastic benefits package including:
- We pay £10.70 per hour (including London Living Allowance) - rising from 1st March 2023
- You will get access to YHA’s staff discount and cash back portal
- Free YHA Membership each year
- 10 nights free hostel stays per year for you and up to 3 friends or family
There’s lots more benefits to working for YHA so please visit our YHA Jobs website to find out more.
What will you be doing as Housekeeping Team Member?
Our team members cover a wide range of customer-facing duties throughout the hostel, delivering an excellent service to all guests and visitors so they have a great experience at YHA.
This role concentrates predominantly on the cleaning of our hostel, but you may be asked to assist in other hostel departments. Here are some of the things you may be working on:
- cleaning and preparing bedrooms between the departure and arrival of guests
- cleaning all shower and toilet areas
- keeping the hostel reception and social areas clean and tidy
- undertaking housekeeping tasks efficiently and effectively, ensuring levels of cleanliness are consistent throughout your hostel and taking a proactive approach to reviewing and maintaining standards
- complying with YHA requirements in the usage and storage of cleaning products
- Reporting faults or damage to a member of the hostel management team.
- Sorting and distribution of used and unused linen
What Skills and Experience do you need to be a Housekeeping Team Member?
It’s an advantage but not essential that our housekeeping team members have worked in a face-to-face role with customers previously. Experience in hospitality or customer service is desirable but not essential.
Good communication skills are an advantage whilst excellent time keeping is essential.
Knowledge and understanding of YHA’s core purpose and experience of working in a team are beneficial.
It’s important to note that the role can be physically demanding; our beds are predominantly bunk bed style.
How do you apply?
Submit your CV and complete the application form (it’s a short one, we promise!). If you need any assistance, please visit the contact page on the YHA Jobs website and someone from the team will help you.
PLEASE NOTE All relevant checks are in place to ensure safeguarding and legal requirements of safer recruitment are adhered to.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
YHA Job Title: Housekeeping Team Member
Keywords: Housekeeping Assistant, Housekeeper, Cleaner, Room Attendant