Seasonal Team Member (Catering) - YHA Treyarnon
YHA Treyarnon Bay are looking to recruit Catering Team Members for the forthcoming season from February to October, we have a variety of contracts available so let us know what you are looking for.
YHA Treyarnon Bay is 50 metres from the sea, a truly iconic hostel in a truly beautiful location – one of YHA’s busiest sites in the summer months. A hostel, glamping site and campsite with regular live music and our infamous Pizza Shack catering for beach goers, holiday makers and locals - fun, lively and very fast paced
What can YHA offer you?
YHA Treyarnon Bay is somewhere a little different, certainly not your average office. YHA offers a fantastic benefits package including:
- We pay £9.50 per hour - rising to £10.42 from 1st March 2023 (this role is flexible, 25 to 42.5 hours per week, temporary contract)
- We can offer live in accommodation if required (The current staff accommodation charge is £58.52 per week, however this may increase in line with government guidelines in 2023)
- You will get access to YHA’s staff discount and cash back portal
- Free YHA Membership each year
- 10 nights free hostel stays per year for you and up to 3 friends or family
There’s lots more benefits to working for YHA so please visit our YHA Jobs website to find out more.
What will you be doing as Catering Team Member?
Our catering team members cover a wide range of customer-facing duties throughout the hostel, delivering an excellent service to all guests and visitors so they have a great experience at YHA.
This role concentrates predominantly on the catering aspects of our hostel, but you may be asked to assist in other hostel departments. Here are some of the things you may be working on:
- Complying with all food hygiene standards in the storage, preparation, and delivery of food.
- Complying with health and safety regulations, ensuring all kitchen checks are completed accurately and on time
- Taking pride in preparing, plating, and serving quality food, presented to the highest standard
- Recording food wastage in line with the procedures within your hostel, controlling and reducing wastage as far as possible to maximise profit
What Skills and Experience do you need to be a Catering Team Member?
It’s an advantage but not essential that our catering team members have worked in a face-to-face role with customers previously. Experience** in hospitality or customer service is desirable but not essential.
Good communication skills are an advantage whilst excellent time keeping is essential.
**We value lived experience just as much as previous skills and knowledge. We offer a robust induction, ongoing training, and further development, however, some of our roles will have further skills requirements. It’s an advantage but not essential that our team members have experience volunteering or working with other people.
How do you apply?
Submit your CV and complete the application form (it’s a short one, we promise!). If you need any assistance, please visit the contact page on the YHA Jobs website and someone from the team will help you.
Who are YHA?
If you would like to find out more about YHA the charity, the culture, the heritage and so much more please visit our jobs website.
YHA’s core strategic priority is access for all. It is a fundamental part of our charitable objects and the foundation upon which our 90-year history is built. We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone.
You can find out more about us by visiting the ‘Working for YHA’ pages of the YHA Jobs website.
PLEASE NOTE All relevant checks are in place to ensure safeguarding and legal requirements of safer recruitment are adhered to.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
YHA Job Title: Team Member
Keywords: Catering Assistant, Kitchen Porter, Kitchen Assistant, Kitchen Team Member, Cook, Chef