Seasonal Team Member - YHA Conwy
YHA Conwy have a variety of contracts available, various hours to suit throughout March to October.
YHA Conwy is a modern 26 room / 86 bed hostel welcoming thousands of customers each year. Just a short stroll from the Unesco World Heritage Town of Conwy, and on the edge of Snowdonia National Park, its a fantastic spot to work in North Wales. We have a large and varied team and look forward to adding to it for 2023.
What can YHA offer you?
YHA Conwy is somewhere a little different, certainly not your average office. YHA offers a fantastic benefits package including:
- We pay £9.50 per hour - rising to £10.42 from 1st March 2023.
- We are recruiting a number of full time seasonal positions. Hours are flexible, but we can consider fixed hours where this is requested.
- We have live-in onsite accommodation for some of the positions. (The current staff accommodation charge is £58.52 per week, however this may increase in line with government guidelines in 2023)
- You will get access to YHA’s staff discount and cash back portal
- Free YHA Membership each year
- 10 nights free hostel stays per year for you and up to 3 friends or family
There’s lots more benefits to working for YHA so please visit our YHA Jobs website to find out more.
Here are just some of the tasks you may carry out as a Seasonal Team Member (you may cover some or all of these tasks our roles can vary)!
- working on reception, providing information about the hostel and local area
- carrying out cleaning and housekeeping duties
- preparing food in the kitchen
- serving food and drinks front of house
What Skills and Experience do you need to be a Seasonal Team Member?
We value lived experience just as much as previous skills and knowledge.We offer a robust induction, ongoing training, and further development, however, some of our roles will have further skills requirements.It’s an advantage but not essential that our team members have experience volunteering or working with other people.
Duties vary so good communication skills and basic IT skills are advantageous. Excellent time keeping is essential.
How do you apply?
Submit your CV and complete the application form (it’s a short one, we promise!). If you need any assistance, please visit the contact page on the YHA Jobs website and someone from the team will help you.
Who are YHA?
If you would like to find out more about YHA the charity, the culture, the heritage and so much more please visit our jobs website.
YHA’s core strategic priority is access for all. It is a fundamental part of our charitable objects and the foundation upon which our 90-year history is built. We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone.
You can find out more about us by visiting the ‘Working for YHA’ pages of the YHA Jobs website.
PLEASE NOTE All relevant checks are in place to ensure safeguarding and legal requirements of safer recruitment are adhered to.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
YHA Job Title - Team Member
Keywords: Hospitality Assistant, Team Member, Hospitality Team Member