Night Porter - 40 hours per week
Resorts World is a destination like no other. Home to a fantastic range of places to eat and drink, both family favourites like Zizzi, Miller & Carter & TGI Fridays and special new places to discover like Sky By The Water, plus a little outlet shopping from brands like Nike, Levi’s, Vans and Lindt. Add in awesome family entertainment at Cineworld, virtual reality and retro gaming at Vortex, the luxury Genting Hotel and Santai Spa, plus a casino, there’s so much fun to be had under one roof.
Located right opposite the Resorts World Arena and the NEC, it’s also the perfect location to grab a bite to eat and drink if you’re heading to a show or exhibition.
Whether it’s food and drinks with friends, a little outlet shopping, family fun, a relaxing weekend getaway or pre/post show entertainment, you’ll find the things you already know you love to do, plus so much more at Resorts World.
We are looking for a full-time Night Porter to join our team in the Genting Hotel, working 40 hours per week.
Key Competencies and duties include:
- Ensure that guest needs are anticipated and requests followed up.
- Building a rapport with guests, ensuring that they want to return to Genting Hotel
- Checking guests in and out and ensuring the charges are correct on the invoice.
- Ensure good communication with all departments throughout the hotel.
- Handle, follow up and communicate any comments or complaints and pass relevant information onto management.
- Be familiar with and promote hotel facilities and attractions within the estate.
- Assist guests with any requests e.g. information, making bookings and directions.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed on each shift that full and thorough handover takes place at the end of the shift.
- Dealing with issues that arise with Hotel guests during the Night shift.
- Completing necessary refunds/adjustments paperwork when required.
- Taking orders and delivering guests room service to the required brand standards.
- Regular security checks and floor walks.
Skills and experience required:
- A friendly and welcoming approach
- High standards of dress and presentation
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a pleasant telephone manner.
- MUST be flexible to work weekends, bank holidays and Night Shifts.
What is a Genting Employee?
At Genting it’s important that we find and keep the best people that can do the job. However, although finding the right skills and experience for the job is vital, it is just as important that our new team members are able to behave in the way that we expect of all our employees and that they live and breathe our values.
Genting focuses on recruiting high calibre and outgoing candidates from the widest fields possible who are as excited about our brands as we are and want to work and grow with a leading global player in the leisure, casino and hospitality sector.
So what are we looking for I hear you ask? If you feel you tick the below boxes then we would like to hear from you!
- Are enthused about working for Genting, and strongly believe in our values
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude
- Have outstanding customer service skills
- Are friendly, helpful and supportive towards all team members
- Take pride in their appearance
- Reliable and hard working
- Are flexible to fit in with our 24 hour business
- Bring some personality and fun to the workplace!
- Online Discount portal
- A range of “flexible benefits”* you can pick and choose from such as: extra holiday purchase, dental insurance, Company funded Health Cash Plan, critical illness cover and travel insurance.
- Life Cover
- Numerous discounts across Resorts World Birmingham and the NEC Campus
- Discounts across the wider Genting UK brand
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Discounted bus and rail passes with National Express
- Uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free on-site parking
- Staff discount at Genting Hotel, Santai Spa, Sky by the Water, World Bar, Sports Bar, Vortex.
As we love to have fun, we run a number of Company funded engagement events for our people to get involved in each year.
We also continually looks at ways to reward and engage our employees through things like Lifestyle Vouchers, long service awards, team incentives and social fund, annual company Christmas present and Career progression through our online learning portal Genting Academy.
*subject to eligibility