Field Studies Council Castle Head, Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria
Up to £22,948 per annum + benefits / (up to £11.77 per hour)
37.5 hours per week
We are looking for a Maintenance Officer with experience in general interior and exterior maintenance work, with the ability to deliver quality craftmanship as well as experience of the safe use & care of relevant machinery and equipment for indoor and outdoor maintenance tasks.
The successful applicant will need to hold a driving licence as they will be required to drive FSC vehicles. Experience of grounds maintenance & health and safety monitoring & record keeping is desirable. Good practical problem-solving skills and the ability to work using own initiative are a must. The successful candidate will be working on-site at one of our beautiful locations, Field Studies Council Castle Head, as part of a small, welcoming, and committed team.
Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- Staff discounts
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Ella Rath on 07563 410052.
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 28 January 2023.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Field Studies Council Castle Head on 4 February 2023
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.