An amazing management opportunity to join tour Haymarket Hotel team has now opened. We are looking for an Events Manager to oversee the meetings and events operations and team which include screening rooms, meeting and private dining rooms and working with the Food and Beverage Management team and Senior Management.
What we offer:
- Perkbox – A team member platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
- Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
- No split shifts
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Uniform and Meals provided
- Uniforms Dry Cleaned
- Social Events, Wellbeing and Team Activities
- Award winning training opportunities and Career Development
- Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
- And much more!
Essential Key Skills:
- Previous experience as a Events Manager within a 5* hotel or luxury restaurant
- Excellent communication skills
- Superb attention to detail and be driven by delivering exceptional standards
- Strong leadership and motivational skills which are capable of nurturing, developing and inspiring staff
- Previous experience in training and developing staff
- Excellent personal presentation
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run the daily operations of the events department
- Attend weekly meetings to run through upcoming events and conduct daily briefings with the events team
- Lead, manage and motivate the events team
- Communicate all meeting and events details to the different departments of the hotel and head office
- Establish strong and professional relationships with guests
- Deliver inspirational show rounds in order to showcase the spaces to prospective clients
- Have a good command of the departmental budget
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York.
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
- Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
- Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
- Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.