Deputy General Manager
Deputy General Manager
Searcys At The Gherkin
Up to £50,000
45 hours per week
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
As Deputy General Manager, you will assist the General Manager in all areas of the business operation. To assist in the planning, operation, and development of the business, and to ensure all company values and guidelines are followed. Overseeing the venue operation, budgeting & financial control, and always ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Deputise for the GM in managing the business ensuring high quality service and profitability for the organisation.
- Be a figure head for the venue, providing a point of contact for customers, business clients and suppliers alike
- Budgeting, Payroll & Financial Control
- Management and Support for Heads Of Departments
- Manage all aspects of HR within the business
- Support & Drive Sales & Events Teams, ensure better than budgeted results
- Health & Safety, Food Safety, Licensing, and all other compliance
- Be aware of changing needs of customers and to guide the team with the help of the GM to explore new opportunities.
- Ensure a professional and friendly service is provided to all our customers.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards and company policies.
- Responsible for ensuring a consistently high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain a professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Make recommendations for methods of improving efficiency.
- Be cost effective whilst at work, avoiding wastage where possible but not to the detriment of the service being offered.
- Work as a team member in harmony with all other Searcys employees.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimise costs, including food, beverage, consumables, utility and labour costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reports) and personnel/payroll-elated administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Demonstratable success within a similar professional environment
- Strong Business Acumen
- A natural Leader
- Experience in planning and budgeting, financial controls & payroll
- Thorough knowledge of business process & functions including Finance, HR, Operations, Procurement, Legislation and Licensing
- Excellent Organisation and interpersonal skills
- A complete understanding of business trends and future opportunities and challenges
- Project Management
- Sales & covers driving.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.