Searcys at The Gherkin
£8.91 per hour plus Service & benefits
20 hours per week
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
We’re currently looking for a Receptionist to join our team here at Searcys who will perform and assist in the smooth running of the reception desk and ensure all of Searcys standards and client requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Greet all members and guests on entering the building and ensure they are made to feel welcome.
- Ensure that all check-in and check-out procedures are adhered to, with regards to registration and payments.
- Take reservations and ensure that all information is correct.
- Upsell and promote venue facilities whenever possible.
- Ensure that all messages are recorded and distributed swiftly and charged accordingly.
- Check membership cards and ID of all persons entering the venue as required.
- The dress and appearance of persons entering the Club is acceptable and compatible with rules.
- Ensure that members guests are signed in the guest register.
- Ensure visitors (and occasional visiting Members) are aware of the Club’s geography.
- Keep the reception clean and tidy at all times.
- Communicate with the manager and team if any assistance is needed.
- Give any feedback received from customers to the appropriate manager.
- Proven track record in delivering outstanding 5-star service within either a corporate or hospitality environment.
- Previous relevant reception/Reservations experience.
- Organisational skills.
- Communication skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Demonstrate a keen level of pro-activity.
- Ideally experience dealing with ad-hoc administration tasks.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with different team.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.