Searcys at The Gherkin
Up to £11.00 per hour
20 Hours per week
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
Being part of our waiting team here at Searcy you will assist in providing a professional service ensuring that standards are achieved and maintained to Client and Company expectations within the agreed financial constraints.
- Ensure that all standards of food preparation and service are provided in line with client expectations.
- Meet, greet and seat customers on arrival.
- Ensure a professional and friendly service is provided to all our customers.
- Be aware of changing needs of customers and make suggestions to the Assistant Manager or Manager.
- Assist in the cleaning and clearing of tables.
- Clean, polish cutlery and glassware as necessary.
- Communicate with the Assistant Manager or Manager and team if any assistance is needed.
- Ensure prompt and efficient provision of all scheduled services.
- Ensure all food or refreshments are served to the best of your ability.
- Use your expertise to help your customers.
- Make recommendations for methods of improving efficiency.
- Be cost effective whilst at work, avoiding wastage where possible but not to the detriment of the service being offered.
- Work as a team member in harmony with all other employees.
- Previous experience within catering/Hospitality.
- Be organised, neat and meticulous.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to prioritise and have a keen eye for detail.
- Having knowledge of food safety and COSHH would be advantageous.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.