Jnr Sous Chef
To support our mission of to create a collection of iconic pubs and country inns, celebrating the best of British and supporting our local heroes with all things food.
Overview of the role
To support the Head and Sous Chef in ensuring the efficient and effective running of the kitchen team. To deputise in their absence. You are on your way to leading a team and striving to be the best, delivering the best food experience for the people that visit us.
• Play a supportive and lead role in the performance of the chef team alongside your Head and Sous Chef
• To manage things quickly and effectively when things aren’t going to plan.
• Be a role model to your team and bringing the best version of you to work.
• To champion the culture and reward initiatives within the kitchen
• To ensure that the preparation and presentation of the food is of a high standard and complies with food safety regulations.
• To support, supervise, train and motivate team to achieve high standards of quality, consistency and presentation
• To help ensure that all commodities are on site, at appropriate stock levels to service the customers.
• To strive and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction.
• To adhere to company policy while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe systems of work appropriate to your role.
• To have a complete understanding of the pub’s procedure in the event of a fire.
• When undertaking purchasing for the department, ensure that it is within the company guidelines
• To participate in the monthly, stocktake, to action any discrepancies immediately.
• To understand and work with your Head Chef to undertake all budgetary controls to achieve budgeted gross profit. Consideration given to stock control and rotation, purchasing, price and portion control, and wastage
• To engage with guests, monitor, act on feedback. To champion guest interaction and ensure they remain at the heart of everything we do.
• To grow opportunities to engage with the neighbourhood and maximise PR opportunities available to the pub.
• To ensure the pubs knowledge of competitor businesses is relevant and up to date
The skills which would help in this role
Be a role model, immaculate in presentation and comfortable talking out front with both our guests and teams
A passion for all things food and learning to be a great leader, coach, and trainer of others.
Good attention to detail around food specification, cooking methods and of course the invoicing of good we receive.
A positive approach to bringing a bit of fun and engagement at the pub.
Jnr Sous Chef