Reporting to Lead Chef in this role you’ll be supporting in the cooking of all food, for both restaurants, ensuring a sufficiently diverse range of food in line with the overall catering strategy.
You will help provide a range of hot meals and options for the flagship restaurant, preparing all snacks, takeaway and sandwiches for sale in the cafeteria. You will also be able to produce high quality cakes, biscuits and patisserie for sale throughout the week and for our special Friday afternoon cake and beverage offer, under the supervision of the Lead Chef.
As Sous Chef (Back of House), some of your key duties will include:
- Deputising for the Lead Chef as necessary. Developing own skills to ensure we always have cover and to ensure quality of food and service always remains of the highest order;
- Supporting the Lead Chef in the cooking of all food, for both restaurants. Ensuring a sufficiently diverse range of food in line with the overall catering strategy;
- Constantly developing the menu, getting involved in quality tests of all new lines. Ensuring food is available and ready at appropriate times as required by the Customers, ensuring service is not impacted by the nature of how food is prepared;
- Following the guidance and protocols put in place by the management team, ensuring the HSE standards being maintained.
You’ll demonstrate to us that you have:
- Relevant background in operating in the catering environment, both back front of house and front of house. Food hygiene certificate, and ideally barista training;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to work to deadlines, adapt to changes and provide solutions to problems.
allpay Limited are one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in the UK and are experts in the payment and financial services arena. We have also successfully diversified into a number of other sectors.
People are at the heart of allpay and we reward our employee with a competitive benefits package which includes, a defined contribution group pension scheme, income protection, life assurance, an array of health and wellbeing options including private healthcare cover and an onsite gym. This is coupled with our excellent Learning and Development offering.
We work with some great recruitment agencies. We don’t choose to partner with everyone. Explicit consent or confirmation must be received from our HR department before we accept CV’s. Contractual terms and specific campaigns must have been signed and agreed before you are considered a partner. We never accept unsolicited CV’s, EVER! Even from our trusted partners. We consider it “spoiling,” which does not endear you to us. By sending us unsolicited CV’s we deem these a free gift. If we choose to engage these candidates directly we will not pay you any fees. You will be deemed to have accepted this zero fee by providing unsolicited or spoiled candidates.
We are a company committed to Equal Opportunities.
All roles at allpay Limited are subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
- Additional info: Sous Chef JD (172kb) (the link will open in a new window)