Chef De Partie
To support our mission of to create a collection of iconic pubs and country inns, celebrating the best of British and supporting our local heroes with all things food.
Overview of the role
You will support the Head/Sous Chef in the development and smooth running of the kitchen. You are very keen to ensure quality, consistency and presentation of our food. You are also someone who is starting to share their knowledge with more junior members of the team. Nice one teach!
• Be a role model to your team, making sure you live our values, you turn up on time and your whites are blinding.
• To champion the cohesion and Cirrus Culture between front of house, bar and back of house operations to ensure teamwork, communication and food knowledge is shared.
• To complete your training and make sure others are doing the same thing on our training platform and face to face
• To make sure the kitchen areas and workstations are clean, tidy and hygienic always
• To support Head/Sous Chef to ensure that the preparation and presentation of the food is of a high standard and complies with food safety regulations.
• To ensure that all stock levels are correct for the kitchen to operate at its best.
• To make sure all equipment is properly looked after and stored, with all breakage’s and breakdowns being properly reported and recorded.
• To strive and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction.
• Ensure COSHH and HACCAP guidelines are maintained. Check monitoring procedures
• To understand the menu, including ingredients, preparation, timings and portion controls.
• Understand the importance of spotting hazards, first aid reporting, and reporting
• To support the more senior chefs and input into new and existing dishes that could
potentially be improved
• To achieve budgeted food gross profit through managing waste and controlling portions.
• To participate in the monthly, stocktake, to action any discrepancies immediately.
• To grow opportunities to engage with the neighbourhood and maximise PR
opportunities available to the pub.
• To support your Landlord and Head Chef in any people initiatives and programmes.
• To help drive and active social media presence in relation to social media, being
locally famous for the food you serve and the guests you serve it to.
The skills which would help in this role
Be a role model, immaculate in presentation and comfortable talking out front with both our guests and teams.
A passion for all things food.
Food hygiene qualifications.
Good attention to detail around food specification, cooking methods and of course the invoicing of food we receive.
A positive approach to bringing a bit of fun and engagement at the pub.