We are looking for a junior sous or a strong CDP looking for a step up to join our kitchen team.
We are a gastro pub in Uxbridge serving a restaurant quality British contemporary menu with fresh seasonal ingredients. Our team focus is on being guest obsessed and this flows from from to back of house with all decisions based around putting our guests needs first and foremost.
As junior sous chef you will be responsible for running the kitchen in the head chefs absence, assisting with ordering and stock taking, running a safe and hygienic kitchen, demonstrating a team player mentality working closely with the front of house team to ensure the needs of our guests are always put first and ensuring that dishes go out on time and that they are always perfectly presented.
- Running the kitchen in the absence of the head chef
- Training the team
- Assisting with stock takes and ordering
- Preparing fresh food including meat, fish, poultry, vegetables and sauces and supporting the running of a section.
- Helping to maintain a clean and safe environment and complying with health and safety legislation
- Building a strong friendly relationship with the front of house team such that guest requests are always met positively and that the guest is put first and foremost in every decision that we make.
- Please check your travel commitments, some of our shifts start at 7:00am and some will finish at 11:30pm.
- We are open evenings and weekends and expect our team to be available at these peak times too
SKILLS WE ARE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR
- You are happy to work and receive direction from the Head chef and management team and are able to follow instructions
- A positive attitude, always happy to take feedback and learn from it
- Previous experience as a junior sous chef or as a strong CDP in a busy kitchen
- You'll demonstrate attention to detail, be passionate about cooking and be obsessed with quality all whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Reliable, trustworthy, always turning up for shifts and training
- You will love working as part of a team and you will have great communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Four weekly pay
- You will get 25% off in our restaurant
- We provide free meals on shifts of 6 hours or more
- We offer a workplace pension
- Salary dependant on experience and qualifications
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- This is a full time position