To support our mission of to create a collection of iconic pubs and country inns, celebrating the best
of British and supporting our local heroes with all things food.
Overview of the role
To make sure the working areas and equipment in our kitchens are clean and tidy. You run a tight ship, like things to be just so and you work at a pace. You might get involved in preparing food as part of the kitchen team. You’re the one we can’t do without.
• To maintain a professional working relationship with the front of house team.
• To ensure that you are correctly dressed and ready to start your shift on time
• Be a role model in your team and ensure punctuality and perfect presentation every chef, every time.
• To ensure that you hold an appropriate food hygiene certificate. To abide by all company and legal food safety standards
• To keep all kitchen areas super clean and tidy. These areas include: Machinery; Cooking equipment; Crockery and cutlery; Pots and Pans; Floors and tiles; Refrigerators and Storage areas.
• To make sure we have the cleaning materials necessary to complete our work in the kitchen
• To dispose of rubbish into area outlined by the Head Chef and make sure these areas are clean and access is clear
• Ensure kitchen checklists are used.
• Report all maintenance issues straight away so that you and the rest of the kitchen can work at their best.
• To abide by all company and legal food safety standards.
• Be great at spotting hazards, first aid reporting, and reporting accidents.
• To support the achievement of budgeted food gross profit by keeping an active eye on waste and cleaning materials used.
• To strive and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction.
• To support your GM in any people initiatives and programmes.
The skills which would help in this role
Ability and desire to work around different sections in the kitchen as per the instruction of the chef team.
A passion for hard work and personal pride for cleanliness, attention to detail and speed.
A positive approach to bringing a bit of fun and engagement at the pub.