Relax and be yourself, everyone else is taken
Most of our pubs have been brought back to life from a derelict state and lovingly restored to their former glory, while others joined us at the end of their leases.
We have created a concept we are incredibly proud of, which doesn’t fade with time, or try and fit into the latest fad – we’re authentic and real.
Our food is classic and contemporary, made with the freshest of ingredients by fantastic chefs who are all proud to work for their individual pubs, and share their recipes around the Old Spot collection.
Our drinks portfolio is of the highest grades with local ales and lagers served alongside the most iconic brands.
The Old Spot simple philosophy – “Relax and be yourself, everyone else is taken”
Our People: We are passionate about hospitality, training, and optimising the potential in all our people. We want our team and our guests to have fun
Our Food: Every dish is ‘stylishly simple’, generous but not over facing. Premium but not expensive, and accessible, not fussy
Our Drink: The perfect serve each & every time. Cask Marque approved. Premium quality and local pricing
Our Experience: Unique hospitality to give our guests a compelling reason to visit and a compelling reason to return
The Old Spot symbolises quality – a local that everyone wants to call their own, whether it’s in the country or a bustling street in London.
Old Spot is about the authentic love of people, the people we employ, our guests we serve and the offer we deliver.
We are made up of 15 amazing pubs, which we are pleased to say are growing.
Come and join our expanding group – apply now!
Your role as Head Chef:
- Responsible for all food production ensuring that food is prepared to an exemplary standard
- Overall accountability for hygiene and health and safety within the kitchen
- Ensuring all team members are fully trained and aware of how food is stored, rotated and disposed of and monitoring their adherence
- To ensure that food and labour costs are effectively managed in order to achieve a strong food margin and labour within budget
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, coaching and development of the kitchen team to ensure the delivery of excellent food quality and guest satisfaction
- To train and coach the front of house team to ensure that they have a good knowledge of all menu items to so that our guest service is of the highest standards
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are followed by checking Food Safety and Health & Safety daily and Business Due Diligence on a weekly basis
- Complete daily and weekly stock checks and ensure that all invoices are processed daily and accounted for
- Input into menu development as required
What we are looking for:
- Currently a Head Chef with a background in a high volume & premium environment and passion for fresh food
- The ability to deliver to excellent standards in a fast paced and pressurised environment
- Leadership qualities including motivating your team through holding regular and engaging team meetings and briefs
- A role model and a vision to inspire the kitchen team
- Ability to deal with poor performers in a fair and constructive way
In return, we will provide you with a great package including:
• Competitive salary & bonus
• 28 days holiday
• Fun culture surrounded by a supportive team