To support our mission of to create a collection of iconic pubs and country inns, celebrating the best of British and supporting our local heroes with all things food.
Overview of the role
To support the Kitchen Team, this is your chance to learn all there is to know about your trade. You will get involved in food preparation and presentation making sure it can be the best it can, learning from the best. You will be a sponge and thirsty to improve, serving our customers high quality, well sourced, fresh food.
• To maintain a good working relationship with both your kitchen and front of house team
• Be proactive about job development and Performance Reviews.
• Be a role model in your team, making sure you are on time and displaying the best version of you at work.
• To complete your training on our online system on time and ask for more.
• Consider the Cirrus Commis Chef Apprenticeship
• To understand the different areas of the kitchen and how they work
• To support your team to deliver consistent, fresh and food safe dishes each shift
• To demonstrate an understanding of the need to control costs and energy to the pub and company standards
• To prepare kitchen ingredients for the team, ensuring dish and portion sizes are measured correctly
• To make sure the kitchen areas and workstations are kept clean and tidy
• To ensure that you hold an appropriate food hygiene certificate. To abide by all company and legal food safety standards
• To deal with deliveries and stock rotation as instructed by senior kitchen team
• To support the achievement of budgeted food gross profit by keeping an active eye on the management of waste and portion control
• To try and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction.
• To support your Landlord and Head Chef in any people initiatives and programmes.
The skills which would help in this role
Versatility to work around sections in the kitchen as instructed by the chef team.
A serious passion for food, hard work, learning and personal pride for cleanliness and attention to detail.
A positive approach to bringing a bit of fun and engagement at the pub.