Assistant General Manager
We’re looking for an Assistant General Manager to assist the General Manager in the running of the business at our restaurant, The Ivy Cambridge Brasserie . As an Assistant General Manager, you’ll help meet the financial expectations of the restaurant, while developing a strong front of house team and exceeding guest expectations. The pace is fast and the standards are high, but if you are passionate about delivering an exceptional guest experience, it could be a great next step in your career.
- Maintain responsibility for the overall strategic planning, development and success of the restaurant alongside the General Manager and Head Chef
- Build and maintain effective relationships across the business, acting as a figurehead for the restaurant and driving improved productivity, turnover and profitability
- Exceed guest expectations by providing exceptional service and staff management
- Have a great front of house presence and manage and motivate a large team, assisting the General Manager with the recruitment and training of team members and other management
- Fully understand what The Ivy Collection offers and enthusiastically ensure all team members are proficient in this area and can effectively communicate to others
What’s in it for you?
As well as a chance to add one of the world’s most prestigious names to your CV, you’ll get:
- Top class training – before the job and on the job, plus opportunities to progress
- Excellent staff meals, served exactly as they are to guests
- A generous staff discount at all of our Ivy Collection restaurants nationwide
- Lots of great benefits including free uniform, cycle to work scheme and savings on things like gym membership and cinema tickets
- Reward programmes recognising employee longevity and recognising those who promote us as an employer of choice
- A great work-life balance and plenty of opportunities to socialise with your team outside the workplace
- External support in partnership with the charity, Hospitality in Action - providing access to legal care, financial support & personal advice