The HAC – London
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
As a Sous Chef at Searcys you will provide food/service to a consistent high standard, including assisting senior chefs with functions in other different areas throughout the business.
- Manage the kitchen brigade in the absence of the head chef.
- Assist training of junior staff.
- Liaise with key people in the team in order to plan for the provision of food in all areas.
- Place order directly with suppliers.
- Ensure smooth running of daily operations which include ensuring no disruption to the pre agreed menu offer.
- Responsible for stock levels of that specific area including ordering when required as well as waste control.
- Ensure the presentation of the food is consistent with the standards set by senior chefs.
- Ensure all Health, Hygiene and Safety requirements are being adhered to.
- Demonstrate Personal Development.
- Any other reasonable request by the Senior Management.
- Relevant previous experience within a demanding kitchen environment.
- Display a real passion for food and customer service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management
- Supportive / Team player.
- Demonstrate high level of organisation.
- Excellent record keeping.
- Able to work under pressure and to cope with any unforeseen circumstances i.e. function changes, requirements, sickness, etc.
- Have a positive and co-operative attitude.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.