WE ARE LOOKING TO THE FUTURE!
Undoubtedly, hospitality has taken a real pounding over the past 12 months, it's going to be tough & will take time to rebuild. We are going to need some help & are now looking to hire some talent to help us do just that.
This is an exciting opportunity for a hard working General Manager to join our growing neighbourhood restaurant brand to help us reopen and relaunch our restaurant & bar in Brentwood Essex
Figo reflects both the traditional & modern aroma of “cucina Italiana”, upscale with a buzzing atmosphere.
As Head of Family, like our food we are looking for someone who is authentic & as such, you must share our traditional Italian values & culture - believe in genuine hospitality, exude natural warmth, be extremely chatty, and comfortable with guest engagement.
The role will involve overseeing a high volume operation with the potential for multiple revenues streams & would suit a candidate who has experience of both volume and quality fresh food restaurant operations.
We like our GMs to be autonomous, and have authority to really manage and drive their businesses, in fact it is expected.
You must be flexible and able to work weekends, evenings and be able to travel easily to Brentwood Essex or live within a reasonable commutable distance, please state your willingness to travel, re-locate in application.
General Manager responsibilities & experience include:
- Lead the venue & its team to deliver exceptional food & genuine hospitality.
- Direct all activities in the restaurant to ensure that all targets (KPIs) deadlines are met
- Oversee the restaurant financial management, planning, systems and controls
- To ensure consistently high standards of restaurant presentation
- Start to develop an in-depth knowledge of the market and the industry
- As General Manager to ensure the restaurant has competitive advantage through delivery of diverse business plans and projects
- Always Take great care of our guests
- Ensure the restaurant delivers a consistently excellent guest experience
- Ensure that all customer feedback is dealt with effectively – turn complaints into compliments
- Consistently develop and measure the product knowledge of your team through team briefs, 1-1 activity
- Regularly hold guest experience training and refresher training
- Ensure that all served dishes meet the company standard for all food and drink specifications
- Proven Health & Safety knowledge
- Be passionate about food and drink with a natural ability to provide detailed descriptions to our customers
- A true team leader with exceptional people management skills
- Fluent written and spoken English, Italian a bonus
- Strong housekeeping skills
General Manager Benefits:
- Authority and autonomy to manage your business
- Working with a close knit team
- A highly competitive remuneration package
- Joining an evolving brand that you can grow with
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
- A non-corporate environment
- Delicious Italian cuisine