1. Report for duty at the correct time as per rota, in the specified uniform,
ensuring a high standard of appearance at all times.
2. To represent The Hotel and Group in a professional manner at all times.
3. Understand how all departments operate and how Food & Beverage
departments can cooperate with them to ensure team spirit and a high level
of customer satisfaction.
4. Perform any reasonable request from the Hotel and Group Management Team.
5. Be aware of health, safety and fire procedures, and assume responsibility for
the safety of your work area.
6. To be fully aware of The Hotel’s products and services and those of our
7. Understanding of hotel seasonality, need periods and periods of high demand.
8. Ability to work on own initiative.
9. To provide excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that all food cooked and served is of the highest quality.
2. Ensure that all food is served at a safe and appropriate temperature using
probes where necessary and record same.
3. Ensure that all areas in the kitchen are kept clean and tidy at all times. To
assist in clearing, cleaning, washing within the kitchen, including in-depth
cleaning, using any approved specialised products and methods laid down.
4. Use of a high level of cooking skills in the production of new food dishes using
modern food technology and methods.
5. To ensure that the guest’s needs and requirements are met.
6. To understand and be aware at all times of food costs and percentages and
understand how daily departmental costs influence profit and loss results.
7. To monitor stock movement, to ensure stock security.
8. To ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
9. To assist with the provision of training and development for department staff
in kitchen procedures.
10. To ensure knowledge of the product is maintained and communicated to all
11. To work with the Sous Chef to ensure the mis en place is completed.
12. To report any maintenance issues to the Maintenance Manager immediately.
13. To comply with all Hotel policies and procedures to ensure that all statutory
regulations are observed.
14. To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
15. To run the line during service as required, ensuring that the highest standards
are met and that communication between all sections and restaurant
departments is efficient and polite.
16. To produce menu items for service co-ordinating with other departments,
maintaining the highest standards and always adhering to the spec to achieve
the correct quality, appearance and portion size.
17. To monitor the quality and presentation of dishes so that only those which
meet our highest standards are served to customers.
18. To ensure that a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained by
following cleaning routines and through ongoing diligence during the shift and
in set up and clean down procedures.
19. To observe the company’s fire plan and health and safety policy.
20. To maintain the standards and culture of the team by setting an example to
new members of staff and assisting in their training when required.
21. To comply with statutory and legal requirements for Health & Safety, Fire,
Hygiene, Licensing and Employment.
22. To be a champion in your department for our waste management and
23. To be the best Employee by creating awareness and complying to the
standards set by Service Excellence.
1. When you arrive on time for duty.
2. When your appearance and uniform are in accordance with the standard set.
3. Achievement of effective and efficient work practices.
4. Carrying out your role to the required standard.
5. Safe work practices, adhering to all health and safety rules and training.About our culture: Dalata Hotel Group – Ireland’s largest hotel group has a number of exciting positions
on the horizon. As Dalata continues to grow and expand in Ireland and the UK it’s more important than
ever to have the right team alongside us, in the near future we will be opening the doors of new hotels
creating over 4000 jobs and investing over €110m in the Irish and UK economy.
We lead through our Dalata values of “Our People, Our Fairness, Our Service and Our Individuality”. If
you have the right attitude and energy you will have great opportunities to progress within the group. Our company is a place where you can do great things – individually and as a team. You will have the
opportunity to develop your talent, be recognised and rewarded for your commitment and pursue a
fulfilling career. We also have a number of unique and recognised training programmes to aid your
professional and personal development and pride ourselves on creating an objective, supportive and fair
working environment for our employees.