The Scarlett Pub Co. is looking for a Bar Manager to join The Butcher’s Hook in Thornbury.
This would be an ideal role for somebody looking for their first role as a Bar Manager, or a current Bar Manager looking for a new challenge.
The Scarlett Pub Co. started in 2012 and has gone from strength to strength, and the Butcher’s Hook is now the 5th Venue to join our family. We are proud to support UK independent companies for all our products and produce.
We are proud to support UK independent breweries, many of our lines being stocked from local breweries such as Deya, Wiper & True, Left Handed Giant, and Good Chemistry.
With ever-changing beer taps and a great bottle/can selection- guided tastings, tap takeovers, and collaborations with breweries- this is a job for true beer lovers with a passion for locally sourced products!
As Bar Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the site, maintaining high and consistent standards, managing the cellar, overseeing the small food operation and supporting team development, and driving growth of the business.
What are we looking for?
- A great knowledge and understanding of beer, wines, and spirits.
- Knowledge of and understanding of keeping to and exceeding the monthly budgets and targets
- You must have some new & fresh ideas and have strong social media skills.
- An interest in the brewing process, wanting to learn and get involved in the brewing process.
- A genuine passion for providing customers with an excellent experience.
- Knowledge of cashing up procedures and opening up / closing.
- Responsible for producing weekly reports for the Director, and an ability to manage your time to the best needs of the business.
- An excellent team player with exceptional communication skills.
- A willingness to gain and develop new skills whilst aiding the improvement of others.
Think you have what it takes? These are a few of the perks:
- Competitive annual salary & company pension.
- 40% discount on meals and 25% off drinks at all Scarlett Pub Company Venues.
- Progression opportunities - a heavy company preference of promotion in-house when possible.
- Regular Brewdays- visiting some of the top breweries in the UK. Brewing beer in collaborations (past include Good Chemistry and Electric Bear).
- Great working environment- with the opportunity to get in at ground level and help drive this business forward.
If this sounds like a great opportunity and you feel you are the right person for the job, apply here!
References will be required and checked.