Restaurant Deputy Manager - Hotel & Restaurant In St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Set on the riverside of the Great River Ouse, this independent, newly refurbished hotel and restaurant is setting up for this summer’s season and is now ready to employ a Restaurant Deputy Manager to re-launch and support the restaurant team.
This 150-cover restaurant and terrace serves modern British all-day dining from traditional breakfast, lunches, afternoon teas and dinners. The venue is steeped in history and offers an events marquee where weddings, celebrations and corporate events can be held.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support a new team at the start of its journey, with plenty of room for professional progression.
- Your role will assist the restaurant manager to oversee the management of all aspects of the restaurant.
- Ensure delivery of the highest quality service throughout.
- Motivating your team to provide exceptional service and always leading by example.
- Managing and developing the skills of your team by motivating, coaching, training and coordinating the team.
- You will operate with the business in mind, ensuring costs are managed carefully and revenue opportunities are maximised whilst ensuring staff levels on shift meet payroll budgets set by management.
- Being the point of call for any customer or management issues in absence of the restaurant manager.
- Review and be competent for bookings through our reservation platform by using Design My Night / Collins software.
Your Experience and Our Requirements:
- You will be an experienced Restaurant Deputy Manager or be in a supervisor role, who is ready for their next step with a minimum of 3 years’ continuous experience in either of these job roles.
- You will need to be proactive and ensure the smooth running of the restaurant.
- Personality and character are key, you will have a presence and charisma that lights up the room.
- You will be a confident communicator and leader, one who appreciates that the team is central to the success of the business.
- You will be smart, professional, consistent and enjoy getting to know clientele.
- You will have a high standard of customer facing skills, with a focus on service and interacting with patrons.
- You have the ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- This is a hands-on role so you will need to be comfortable with rolling up your sleeves and getting involved with service.
- You will be a team player, willing to step up and outside your comfort as required.
- You must have a real passion for training and developing the team.
- You must have good knowledge of food and beverage.
- You will have a full understanding of best practice Health and Food Safety procedures.
- Our business can be seasonal and busiest during the summer months and on the weekends, particularly Sunday being our busiest – so you will be expected to work around these key hours to ensure service is delivered to a high standard at all times.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role:
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Bonus Scheme.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all.
- An engaging & supportive work environment set from management.
We are kind and compassionate. Positive and resilient. Proactive and organised. Honest and accountable. Passionate and keen to develop. If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
For more information or to apply for the role please follow the link to send your cv today.