A fantastic opportunity has arisen at The Railway Tavern for a keen apprentice to join the busy kitchen team, learn the trade alongside working to gain a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
Number of Positions Available
The Railway Tavern is a converted 1959 Railway buffet car situated in the grounds of Staplecross Shrub and Garden centre.
Our breakfast options are gaining a reputation for being some of the best around with everything freshly cooked on site and genuinely using only using the best ingredients we can find. We even cook your bacon to order - normal, crispy or cremated.
Our lunch menu comes into effect from 11.30am and contains fantastic Wagyu beef burgers (with a selection of toppings), Roast Dinners (either chicken, pork, beef or vegetarian nut roast) and are available everyday. Our burgers are gluten free, as are our sausages. Fancy something lighter? We have various filling lunch sandwiches and salads that can account to most peoples tastes.
Detailed Job Description
The Railway Tavern is a converted 1959 Railway buffet car situated in the grounds of Staplecross Shrub and Garden Cntre.
Their breakfast options are gaining a reputation for being some of the best around with everything freshly cooked on site and genuinely using only the best ingredients they can find.
Their lunch menu is extensive [see www.railwaytavernrestaurant.co.uk] including Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten free dishes, plus roasts, salads and burgers. A speciality is Home cooked Ham & Egg & Chips
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at The Railway Tavern for a keen apprentice to join the busy kitchen team, learn the trade as well as working to gain a Level 2 Production Chef Qualification.
The Railway Tavern is a great kitchen for chefs to develop as the premises is expanding with more seating and looking to grow the business and lead to managing the catering at the premises.
Evenings are free as they close at 5pm.
Object of the position:
To become fully trained to prepare, cook and serve our entire menu to our customers.
Quality training in a family eviroment with great scope for advancement.
Duties to include:
• To ensure all food is served to the required company standard.
• To aid the Chef in implementing all new menus.
• To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen operation.
• To strive and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer Satisfaction.
• To maintain a professional working relationship with the foodservice team.
• To comply with all regulations as stated in the normal operating procedures.
• All maintenance issues reported immediately following the correct procedures.
• Cleaning chemicals are used as directed, to achieve desired results and reduce wastage.
• Awareness of how the role impacts on the hotel profit and loss account.
• Must be aware of facilities, restaurant opening times, disabled facilities, room types etc.
• Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and a safe System of work appropriate to your role.
• Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid Reporting, and reporting accidents.
• To ensure the Company Health and Safety, Food Safety and COSHH legislation are adhered to; this will involve Action and appropriate training.
• Ensure security for both self and all departments.
• To abide by all company and legal food safety standards
• That all new procedures comply with food safety policy.
Good Communication skills, able to take instructions
Able to work as part of a team
Able to work under pressure
None required, however, Maths and English are assessed as part of the interview process.
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Food Production Chef Apprenticeship.
Maths and English if required.
30 a week including weekends no evenings
Things to consider
Reliable transport is essential, can be collected from Battle Station.