Kitchen Porter at Megan’s - Winner of Best Emerging Concept 2022
“fresh food, new kitchens, local suppliers”
At Megan’s we are always Sharing, Caring and Daring! It’s what makes working at Megan’s truly unique!
We share and celebrate our successes, share our growth, knowledge and opportunities while also sharing what our true selves are to create a safe space for everyone.
We care about your mental health, your time away from work and what your looking for in a new employer.
We are daring in our expansion plans and our mission to be the most loved neighborhood restaurant.
Yes we are on a truly daring growth journey, seeing us open four restaurants in 2021 and our plans are for 32 by 2024.
So come and be part of our Megan's dream team; working in our great restaurants at the heart of our neighborhoods with some very cute dogs, fresh food and a brand you can truly grow with and feel proud of.
What you will receive as our new Kitchen Porter:
A Competitive Salary –
· £10.20 per hour Monday – Friday *
· £11.20 per hour Saturday – Sunday & Bank Holiday. *
In addition, our team receive length of service increments on top of their base hourly rate as follows....
· Extra 50p per hour after 3 months service
· Extra £1.00 per hour after 6 months service
· Extra £1.50 per hour after 12 months service
· Plus if an additional £1.00 per hour of every peak day worked if your site hits sales bonus!
Meaning you could earn up to £12.20 per hour when you first join us and £13.70 per hour after 12 months!
· Up to 50% discount on your bill when dinning with up to 6 friends and family.
· We share our weekend shifts so that every member of our team has one weekend off a month.
· Work & life balance – Full time (30 hour working week) and part time (15 hour working week) positions and a commitment to make sure we also are flexible around your personal life.
· A fun work environment with a family feel.
· Investment in YOU to become our next Chef in one of our openings next year! We offer regular training, personal progression & opportunities for development with our exciting growth journey as we promote on average one person a week!
What you will be doing?:
You will be working in a high volume, fast paced all day dining environments and are passionate about good food.
You will work as a key member of the team to ensure the kitchen is set up for everything needed on shift.
- Ensure all equipment, crockery and cutlery is clean and ready for service
- Work with Head Chef / Sous Chef to store our deliveries and ensure all food is correctly labelled in storage
- Support the team with prep, when required
Are you our next Megan's Kitchen Porter?
- Follow and maintain the highest standards of health & safety, including cleaning practices
- No prior Kitchen Porter experience required, full training will be provided
- A desire to pursue a career as a chef (desirable)
Megan’s Restaurants is equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
*Package includes membership of an independently managed tronc arrangement through which service charge is allocated outside of and in addition to your basic pay from your employment. Hourly amount shown is indicative, based on current tronc allocations, and actual pay may vary based on service charge collected.