We are CH&CO, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present. We are recruiting for a Sous Chef to work at Lambrook School.
A repeat receiver of ‘Best match tea’ accolades and winner of City Kids Magazine’s, ‘Best School Menu’ award, our Lambrook catering team, led by Head Chef Simon, bakes, chops and simmers each meal from scratch using sustainable and local produce, as well as items from our own farm, ensuring our children are fuelled and ready for their academic lessons, their sports matches, or simply for running through our extensive school grounds.
Lambrook is seeking to employ a term time Sous Chef to join our busy and dynamic school kitchen.
You will be...
- Prepare and cook boarders supper
- Create theatre nights, pop up and themed nights
- Support the lunchtime period
One of the primary duties of this role will be the preparation and cooking of evening meals for around 100 pupils who board at the school. Using fresh ingredients we create healthy, varied and balanced meals for our boarding community, ensuring a home from home dining experience.
The Sous Chef will also be required to support the Head Chef and the team during the school lunchtime period with preparation, service and other ad-hoc duties. In addition, the Sous Chef will be required to work 8 Saturdays over the academic year to provide breakfast and lunch for pupils and staff, as well as assisting with Lambrook’s famous 'match tea’ for pupils and parents from visiting schools as well as our Lambrook community.
We also cater for hospitality for school functions and events outside of the day to day running of the school such as open days and some occasional fine dining events.
The school is committed to safeguarding pupils and an enhanced DBS will take place prior to your appointment.
What's in it for you?
Working with CH&CO has its perks! People are at the heart of everything we do, so we've developed a range of benefits to keep you happy.
- Personal Development and Training opportunities
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Private medical eligibility
- Eye care
- A great wellbeing strategy – including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, salary finance
- Family friendly support
- Regular social events and communication with our leaders
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Volunteering days
- Professional subscriptions
- Recognition schemes and people awards
- Long service awards
- Access to some great high street discount vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
Inquisitive, Inclusive, Uplifting