Sous Chef - Knowle Park Care Home - Salary £19,926
About the Home
- 46 Bedded Residential , Nursing , Dementia Care Home .
- Knowle Park - Cranleigh , Surrey
- Full Time - Days - Alternate Weekends
- Salary:£9.58PH/£19,926 - Depending on Experience
Extraordinary lives. Outstanding people.
The life of every resident we proudly care for is extraordinary, rich in history and unique life stories. We are Caring Homes, one of the UK’s leading providers of nursing, residential and dementia care. We have 69 homes in beautiful locations nationwide and we’re still growing. And we know that genuine care is delivered by passionate people who go above and beyond to help every resident live life to the full.
As a Sous Chef this is a fantasic opportunity to progress your career to the next level and learn and develop in the role. At Caring Homes, your passion for planning, preparation and produce will make a difference to every resident you care for, and help you build a future you can be proud of.
About the role
Looking for role that will develop you and you can learn and progress at Caring Homes . You’ll learn from Head chef. You will have the passion and perfection for food and hygiene standards that match ours, and with hygiene as one of your highest priorities.
The skills you’ll need
The meals you create are more meaningful to our residents than a Michelin star. They are flavours that evoke memories. They’re the fuel that fire independence. And every meal is another moment in an extraordinary life. Understanding what people need from food, and what they get from a magical meal is a skill you’ll possess and be passionate about. Balancing this with a focus on ordering, storing and preparing every meal in the right way, could open doors to a better future for you. You’ll prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals as and when required. You’ll understand personal preferences and dietary requirements for individual residents. Combine this with your Food/Hygiene certificate , and the skills you have will give you an outstanding future here.
Above and beyond
If you share a passion for going above and beyond for people who need a bit of extra care and food that delights, your future career in care could begin here. Our ‘one team’ attitude applies to everything we do. And we respect the role that everyone plays in helping our residents live life to the full. Your role as Sous Chef is crucial to this. Promoting safe working practices, ensuring cleanliness in everything you do, adhering to all company policies and procedures and understanding and implementing the Care Centres Health and Safety policy will set the best standards in kitchen hygiene. Bring your passion for dishes that delight and we’ll support you and train you to create a career that matches your ambition. And as a business that specialises in dementia care, everyone who works here is offered our award-winning dementia training.
Exceptional benefits package
- Ongoing and continuous career development and succession planning
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Professional subscriptions reimbursed where essential for role
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- Wagestream – this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- E-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Blue Light Discount Card
- Free or subsidised meals, depending on location
If you have a genuine passion for people and pride yourself in going above and beyond to give extraordinary care, your outstanding future as a Sous Chef at Caring Homes could be moments away. Apply now by Calling Karina on 01206 224188 or Email - email@example.com or clicking on the link.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.