Head Chef wanted for Modern independent local The Artful Duke in Bromley South.
Competitive salary up to £37k based on your experience + AMAZING additional tronc/service payments – OTE up to £42k
THE HUNT IS ON for The Artful Duke’s new Head Chef to join our fantastic team at our modern local and lead in the delivery of our fresh, seasonal, delicious food offering in Bromley.
Do you believe in fresh produce? Cooked to order? Do you have a passion for producing flavoursome pub food? Eager to train and develop your team? Keen to input into our seasonal menu?
We’d love to hear from you.
Come and be part of an excellent working environment where the focus is on developing yourself (mentoring & support from Livelyhood’s Head of Food) and helping to create seasonal menu items from the best ingredients (no additives or preservatives in our kitchens!).
About The Artful Duke
The Artful Duke is the a member of the Livelyhood Pub Family.
Our venues embrace the ethos of bringing unique, independent and inviting pubs to South London neighbourhoods, focusing on social spaces for eating and drinking at the front and entertainment areas with big screens for showing sport, hosting quiz nights and other events at the back, as well as outdoor space.
We currently have 8 sites and we are opening more so this is also a brilliant opportunity for those that want to, to progress with us. Plenty of our people have already developed their careers at Livelyhood, more certainly will.
Who are Livelyhood?
Livelyhood is an established expanding South London based owner, creator & operator of modern, inviting & independent neighbourhood modern local pubs.
Hospitality is in our soul. We are committed. We have fun.
Ongoing development is a real possibility for Head Chefs that want it - we run a back of house Apprenticeship Scheme with existing back of house colleagues with a wide range of qualifications available to support career development through to Head of Food/Exec Chef roles.
What's on our minds?
We are all about fun, loving our South London communities, we're passionate about dogs, new products, seasonal, local produce, focusing on sustainability and we are super proud of our close, active relationships with our charity partners and our suppliers.
Who are you?
If you're already liking the sound of us, you're already our kind of person. Throw in your passion for consistent, flavoursome, fresh food, clear communication skills, good organisational skills, high kitchen standards, strong work ethic and your in-depth knowledge of H & S and HACCP and you'll have us at hello!
Experience in a Head Chef position preferred or if you are ready to make the step up into the Head Chef role, we certainly want to hear from you.
Our Head Chef will lead in the delivery of The Artful Duke’s fresh food offering that has our five Lively Ways (values) of Authentic, Daring, People, Lively and Sustainable at its very heart.
The right person will:
· Enjoy leading & developing their back of house team
· Have previous Head Chef/Senior Sous Chef experience in a busy kitchen
· Manage daily food ordering, production, and service, maintaining high standards.
· Cook great, tasty food so that people keep coming back for more.
· Comply with our food standards and guidelines.
· Comply with Health & Safety policies & procedures
· Manage supplier ordering and maintain correct stock levels
· Thrive on the chance to show their creativity, creating specials & inputting into our menus
What we are offering
· A competitive salary £34k - £37k based on your experience + tronc + Bonus
· AMAZING additional tronc/service payments – in region of a further £5k as good steer. OTE - £39k - £42k
· Additional quarterly Head Chef bonus plan of £1000 a quarter and a further annual over achievement bonus opportunity of 30% of bonus pot.
· Flexibility - Full and part time Head Chef applications welcome.
· £75 Your Livelyhood Experience voucher for new joiners to enjoy so they can see what it's like to be a Livelyhood guest
· 40% food and drink discount for you and 5 guests valid in all sites from day 1
· Further 40% Livelyhood discount off of our delivery food and drink for you
· £15 voucher rewards for every positive shout out you receive
· We offer hospitality apprenticeships to support your development
· Online certified training from day 1
· Wellbeing focused employer– with Livelyhood Mental Health First Aiders & employee assistance support available
· Chance to be part of a great team of people, in a venue to be proud of
We’re considering applications as they apply, so don't delay in submitting your application
You will appreciate that all applicants require proof of their eligibility to work in the UK and a UK bank account.