Seasonal Hospitality and Catering Assistant
Field Studies Council Dale Fort, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire.
Up to £10.08 per hour plus benefits
20 hours per week during the core season only (normally 43 weeks working February to November) each year.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council, one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Field Studies Council is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
Hospitality & Catering Assistants work in the kitchen, service and housekeeping operations to ensure the smooth running of catering operations and that the learning location is clean and tidy for visitors at all times, whilst contributing to a friendly welcoming atmosphere.
This is essentially an active role and will require the post holder to be able to carry out duties associated with housekeeping and kitchen work.
Seasonal roles allow you to experience working life in our outstanding education centres throughout the core working season allowing you to follow other interests and pursuits over the winter months secure in the knowledge that you have a job to come back to.
Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays – 28 days (pro-rata), excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact Caroline Hewson via email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!
Applications will be considered on arrival.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Field Studies Council Dale Fort at a time to be arranged.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email
We want to create a world where everyone feels connected to the environment so they can enjoy the benefits it gives and make choices that help protect it.
As an Investors in People charity, we realise that to achieve our vision we need diverse teams of staff who have a wide range of skills, a real passion for the work of the charity and pride in their role within it. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference and every role is vital to delivering our mission and vision…if this inspires you, we would love to hear from you.
- Additional info: Job Description (135kb) (the link will open in a new window)