Hospitality & Catering Assistant
Field Studies Council Flatford Mill,
East Bergholt, Suffolk
Up to £18,348 per annum plus benefits
35 hours per week / permanent.
Accommodation may be available (subject to availability).
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council, one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Field Studies Council is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
Our Hospitality & Catering Assistants work in the kitchen, service, and housekeeping operations to ensure the centre is clean and tidy at all times. Some amount of food handling will be required as well as general housekeeping tasks, such as cleaning, laundry and maintaining excellent hygiene standards.
Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - 28 days (pro-rata), excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
- Accommodation may be available on a chargeable basis
f you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Lorraine Boyle on Tel No. 01206 297110.
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Applications will be considered on arrival.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy when we’re in receipt of sufficient applications.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Flatford Mill Field Centre as appropriate.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
- Additional info: Job Description (124kb) (the link will open in a new window)