Field Studies Council Dale Fort, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire.
Up to £22,582 per annum plus benefits
37.5 hours per week / Permanent.
Up to £2,400 pro rata Golden Hello Payment available (Terms and Conditions apply)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council, one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Field Studies Council is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
The Cook is a key post in the learning location’s Hospitality & Catering team. As deputy to the Lead Cook you will assist with delivery of the catering service to resident groups. This will include hands-on cooking, kitchen management tasks, deputising for the Lead Cook as appropriate, and assisting with the supervision of the catering team.
This is an active role and will require the post holder to be able to carry out duties associated with kitchen work.
Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
- Accommodation available on a chargeable basis
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Jonquil Pope on Tel No. 01646 636205.
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 12 midnight on 9 January 2023.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we’re in receipt of sufficient applications.
Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Dale Fort Field Centre in the week commencing 13 January 2023.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.