People are at the heart of everything we do! We’re seeking an established People Adviser who can deliver a first class HR advisory service to line managers on employee relations, people policy and process, recruitment and the delivery of key project/administrative support for HR.
This role is to cover maternity leave for up to 12 months. Ideally starting mid January 2023.
Your day to day:
- Build great relationships with key team members to understand our business and use this knowledge to confidently deliver the role.
- To provide prompt first line support for line managers on HR queries, policy, process, and recruitment; ensuring teams are equipped with sound HR advice to make informed decisions about their people fairly and consistently. Referring any complex queries on to the relevant People Partner in a timely manner.
- To support and provide guidance to line managers with ER documentation to ensure accuracy and compliance
- To support and coordinate the development, review and maintenance of our recruitment policies/procedures and associated documentation.
- Work in partnership with the People Partners to share and report insight from HR queries, HR KPI’s, management information and identify any themes.
- Review and maintain the HR section of Thwaites hub, ensuring that all documentation is kept up to date and is easily accessible to Managers and Team members.
- To support with the administration and co-ordination of key HR activities and projects as per the People Plan.
- To manage the HR and Recruitment query mailbox, providing a timely response to all queries.
- To utilise our job board CV search facility for key roles to identify suitable candidates.
- From time to time, attend ER meetings at any Thwaites property to take notes and support the meeting chair
- To survey successful and unsuccessful candidates and feedback themes to the People Partners to help us improve our candidates’ experiences and attract the best candidates.
- To manage exit survey data, monitor and review and provide relevant information to People Partners for further action
Who are we looking for:
You will have 2-3 years HR advisory experience, with a minimum of CIPD Associate Membership
Have a passion for HR and people management, with strong up to date Employment Law knowledge
Able to provide advice and guidance to all levels of staff and offer guidance and support with written documentation
Build relationships quickly, with the confidence to challenge where necessary
Able to quickly establish and understand an issue and confidently offer solutions
Have good working knowledge of Excel to analyse basic data
Have excellent organisation skills to manage a diverse workload across administration, providing advice and project support.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- Free parking
- 33 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Wagestream - draw up to 40% of your earnings each week
- Health cash plan and access to high street discounts
- Generous accommodation and food and beverage discounts in our beautiful properties across the country
- Life assurance and pension scheme
- Informal dress code – Dress for the day ahead!
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
We’d love to meet you – Come and join our Daniel Thwaites family