The Cross Keys is a Chelsea institution having been here since 1708, tucked away on a discreet residential street a stones through from Chelsea Embankment and the hustle and bustle of the Kings Road.
We are looking for an experienced and professional Head Chef to join the team working closely and collaboratively with the General Manager to create and deliver great food for our dedicated local following.
Our food reflects the Best of British seasonality so an ability to create menus that reflect this, and the needs of our guests is essential. Working with the manager and your team, the challenge is to continually develop the menu whilst looking for ways to enhance the food offer through the continued development of our bar menus.
All our food is made from scratch from our pickles to our pies so a chef who is a passionate foodie, that keeps up with what is going on in the local area and food trends would be the ideal candidate.
You will be leading a trained, dedicated and professional team of five chefs in a supportive and respectful environment. A great work ethic with a focus on providing a strong work life balance for you and your team is a must.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join The Cross Keys as Head Chef, with a strong team and supportive management team already in place, in a key role that will continue to take our pub from strength to strength.
We're looking for our Head Chef to:
- Have held a Head Chef position in a premium pub or restaurant
- Care about using fresh and seasonal produce
- Communicate with guests and team
- Coach and develop your team of chefs
- Motivate their team, leading by example
- Be organized and plan ahead
- Deliver on your budgets and GP's
- Have excellent knowledge of HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety
More reasons to work with us:
- Working week of 4 days on with 3 days off
- Modern pub food with most items prepared from scratch in house.
- Uniforms provided and laundered professionally.
- Tunes played all day.
- Great opportunities to develop and progress up the ladder.
- Access to Early Pay.
- Flexible hours to suit you and your work/life balance.
- We want you to live your best life, so when things get tough you’ve got free support with our employee assistance programme.
- Unlimited 25% discount on food and drinks across all Cirrus pubs.
- Treat yourself to a luxury get away with 50% off overnight stays at any Cirrus Inn, or treat your friends and family with 30% off.
- Discounts on high street stores, your weekly shops, your holidays and your days out.