SENIOR SOUS CHEF
HERMOLIS AND CO LTD
6am to 4pm Monday to Friday, 6am to 2pm Sunday
Europe’s largest Kosher Food manufacturer, we are based In Wembley. Hermolis produces frozen, chilled, and fresh meals for the Airline Industry, Hotels, Hospitals, Private Clinics, Cruises, Corporate companies, private client orders, Prisons, meals on wheels, schools, and supermarkets and many more. We are proud to serve the local community in London as well as Uk, Europe and worldwide.
We offer an exciting opportunity for a talented and committed Senior Sous Chef to join out team in providing meals of the highest quality to all our clients.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head Chef and be accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations.
Candidate must exhibit culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions.
You will supervise kitchen areas and manage staff to ensure a consistent, high-quality product is produced and be responsible for guiding and developing staff whilst ensuring the highest in food standards.
Education and Experience
- You should have completed a Degree /Diploma /high standard of relevant educational certification in food culinary
- You should have a solid work history with proven skills and at least 4 years’ experience related professionally at sous chef or higher level
- Assist Head Chef with all kitchen operations and preparation
- Estimate production needs daily and communicates this to kitchen personnel
- Ensure that the larder is well stocked and that adequate foods supplies are always available to meet production needs.
- Maintain stock control of both raw and cooked productions
- Menu planning and development (fresh/daily/produce led)
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special needs or functions.
- Stay compliant with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Perform all duties of kitchen managers and employees as necessary.
- Must be compliant with all applicable laws and regulations and food industry standards
- Follow proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Oversee department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Supervise and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Provide appropriate training for all members of staff.
- Use good communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others giving both positive and negative feedback to kitchen staff on a daily basis.
- Maintains high productivity level of employees.
- Ensure all cleaning Rotas are carried out properly and that relevant administrative records are updated
- Constantly evaluate meals and food products to ensure that the highest quality standards are maintained.