We are recruiting for a people focused General Manager to run the Practitioner in Hertford. The Practitioner serves fresh food, high end cocktails, craft beer and will be open for brunch, lunch, dinner and late drinks. The bar is a unique venue that creates memorable experiences and social occasions. The right candidate will need to deliver exceptional guest service and standards, strong business controls as well demonstrating entrepreneurial flair.
The Practitioner is situated in Hertford just a five-minute walk from our head office. The right candidate will enjoy working in a high energy town centre bar and have a passion for guest service. The ability to lead and inspire a large team is fundamental for the success of the business. Head Office team visit frequently and its key for the manager to build strong long-term relationships. The pub is ideally suited for a candidate who has high street experience and is looking to take the next stage in their career.
- A proven ability to recruit, build, lead then develop a team both on the bar and in the kitchen
- Clear and concise lines of communication
- Demonstrable ability to build sales through both company and entrepreneurial offers
- A can-do approach
- Proven ability to deliver key costs lines to budget
- Second to none standards both FOH and BOH
- Understand the High Street marketplace especially music, cocktails and food trends
Salary and Benefits
- Salary of up to £38,000 per year plus
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Good bonus scheme
- Team discount card
The manager’s accommodation consists of three bedrooms, lounge, kitchen and bathroom, is spacious and in good order.