The beautiful Coulsdon Manor Hotel - Part of the Bespoke Hotels group- have an exciting new Commis Chef Apprenticeship opportunity and are recruiting for an Apprentice to join the team and complete a level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship with HIT Training.
Number of Positions Available
Detailed Job Description
The Apprentice Chef will carry out daily duties as below:
• Prepare and cook dishes on menus according to standards and the Head Chef
• Check items against delivery notes and report any shortfalls
• Maintain secure stock storage
• Cook, chill, label, store and rotate food
• Assist in preparation and cooking of employee meals
• Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene practices
• Keep the kitchen equipment clean and in good working order
• Report hazards and maintenance requirements to the Head Chef or Sous Chef
• Maintain regular communication by attending team briefings and meetings.
• Good level of English Language both verbal and written
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to take instruction
• Ability to work under pressure
Passionate and motivated with a genuine interest in cooking with fresh ingredients and the culinary arts.
• Attention to detail
• Well presented
• Good timekeeping
• Team working.
None required though Maths and English will be assessed as part of the application process.
on completion to be appointed Commis chef in the same kitchen.
Training to be Provided
Commis Chef apprenticeship including Functional Skills Maths (Level 1), Functional Skills English (Level 1)
5 days PW 40 Hours to include any off site training1
Things to consider
Shift timings may vary applicants must be able to commute to and from the site for early mornings and evening shifts.
Working in a kitchen is physically demanding and will involve long periods of physical activity.