Job Description - Head Chef
Start date: ASAP
Le Bab is the original modern Kebab restaurant. Since we opened in 2015 in Soho we have been serving refined, seasonal kebabs and serving plates. We work from traditional kebab styles, incorporating classical fine dining techniques and global gastronomic influences. Our kebabs are made from free range British meat and top seasonal produce. We serve them together with modern mezze, curated wines, craft beer and cocktails.
Our kitchen teams are tight-knit, hard-working units. We insist on a positive, supporting and ambitious attitude from our staff. We believe this creates great working environments where people can thrive and our product excels. Our head chefs are expected to maintain and drive this culture which allows our brigades to thrive and perform at a very high but sustainable level. In this way, levels of excellence are achieved in our kitchens usually associated with restaurants of much higher price point. Our senior kitchen team reference their experiences in Michelin-star kitchens as the standards we aim for in quality, cleanliness and creativity.
At the heart of our product is our food - modern and innovative kebabs, based on the best seasonal British ingredients with an emphasis on big, bold flavours. Everything we serve, we make in-house from scratch - including bread, sauces and all our kebabs. Creativity is in your hands - we are always eager to develop new dishes, menus and concepts and will provide resources and support to those you want to contribute.
We encourage independence and provide extensive on the job training which allows driven and committed individuals to progress far in our company. There are also opportunities to participate in advanced apprenticeships schemes while working for Le Bab to provide structured managerial development.
As Head Chef you will be in charge of our kitchen operations. Final responsibility for food production, smooth running of service and management of the kitchen brigade will fall to you. In addition, simultaneously achieving target KPIs and improving customer satisfaction is a continuous demand. A lot of responsibility will be expected of you, but with it the chance of autonomy and reward. Candidates should therefore have extensive experience (5+ years) of leading kitchen teams as Sous or Head Chef, ideally in kebab-focussed restaurants.
- Ensuring all sections are setup for service
- Guiding checks and timings
- Liaising with FOH
- Delivering consistency and excellence of food
- Rotating stock
- Liaising with suppliers
- Supervising prep kitchen deliveries
- Controlling wastage
Supervising MEP and prep production
- Ensuring all sections achieve prep requirements
- Checking prep standards and recipe adherence
- Forecasting prep requirements
- Producing high quality MEP for pass section
- Teaching junior chefs new skills
- Ensuring all staff comply with food safety, personal safety, operational safety and fire safety requirements.
- Overseeing excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness at all times
Admin and maintenance
- Ensuring adherence to systems and processes
- Communicating issues with relevant colleagues/departments
- Promoting high standards of organization
- Maintaining or fixing equipment
- Problem solving