Cleaning Operative - Night Shifts
Resorts World is a destination like no other. Home to a fantastic range of places to eat and drink, both family favourites like Zizzi, Miller & Carter & TGI Fridays and special new places to discover like Sky By The Water, plus a little outlet shopping from brands like Nike, Levi’s, Vans and Lindt. Add in awesome family entertainment at Cineworld, virtual reality and retro gaming at Vortex, the luxury Genting Hotel and Santai Spa, plus a casino, there’s so much fun to be had under one roof.
Located right opposite the Resorts World Arena and the NEC, it’s also the perfect location to grab a bite to eat and drink if you’re heading to a show or exhibition.
Whether it’s food and drinks with friends, a little outlet shopping, family fun, a relaxing weekend getaway or pre/post show entertainment, you’ll find the things you already know you love to do, plus so much more at Resorts World.
We are currently looking for experienced cleaning operative to join our awesome Night Shift Housekeeping team on a part time basis here at Resorts World Birmingham. This will be a 24 hours per week contract, consisting of 3 x 8 hour fixed shifts of 21:00 to 05:00 on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual who has a passion for cleaning and a desire to be part of an awesome team, who is attentive and proactive, with the ability to clean areas to a high standard and who takes pride in their work.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Perform all cleaning tasks as per specification and to the required standard
- Ensure all areas relevant areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Regular cleaning patrols of all common areas including the public toilets, proactively dealing with issues as they arise
- Undertake periodic cleaning tasks in line with site schedules
- Safe use of equipment and machinery in line with company policies and procedures
- To work in a proactive manner supporting and assisting colleagues whenever in a position to do so
- To undertake ad hoc duties as directed and operationally required whether internal or external to the building
- Previous cleaning experience
- Be enthusiastic and willing to undertake the requirements of the role
- Live within a commutable distance from the location of the role
- Be able to commit to the required hours of this role and potential overtime as and when the business requires
Hours: 24 Hours Per Week - 3 x 8 hour shifts - Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 9pm to 5am
What is a Genting Employee?
At Genting it’s important that we find and keep the best people that can do the job. However, although finding the right skills and experience for the job is vital, it is just as important that our new team members are able to behave in the way that we expect of all our employees and that they live and breathe our values.
Genting focuses on recruiting high calibre and outgoing candidates from the widest fields possible who are as excited about our brands as we are and want to work and grow with a leading global player in the leisure, casino and hospitality sector.
So what are we looking for I hear you ask? If you feel you tick the below boxes then we would like to hear from you!
- Are enthused about working for Genting, and strongly believe in our values
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude
- Have outstanding customer service skills
- Are friendly, helpful and supportive towards all team members
- Take pride in their appearance
- Reliable and hard working
- Are flexible to fit in with our 24 hour business
- Bring some personality and fun to the workplace!
What Can We Offer You?
- Online Discount portal
- A range of “flexible benefits”* you can pick and choose from such as: extra holiday purchase, dental insurance, Company funded Health Cash Plan, critical illness cover and travel insurance.
- Life Cover
- Numerous discounts across Resorts World Birmingham and the NEC Campus
- Discounts across the wider Genting UK brand
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Discounted bus and rail passes with National Express
- Uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free on-site parking
- Staff discount at Genting Hotel, Santai Spa, Sky by the Water, World Bar, Sports Bar, Vortex.
As we love to have fun, we run a number of Company funded engagement events for our people to get involved in each year.
We also continually looks at ways to reward and engage our employees through things like Lifestyle Vouchers, long service awards, team incentives and social fund, annual company Christmas present and Career progression through our online learning portal Genting Academy.
*subject to eligibility