Responsible to: Registered Manager or other senior member of staff directed
by the registered manager.
Purpose of Position: To contribute to the provision of a safe, clean and comfortable
environment for the residents, visitors and staff by providing domestic services that ensure high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Values: To promote and adhere to the Greensleeves Care -Workplace values
of respect, openness and responsibility.
To assist with the cleaning of the Home, as directed by the senior member of staff on duty,
ensuring that the home always meets high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. This will
- Regular cleaning of residents’ rooms
- Regular cleaning of lounge and hallways, other communal areas and office areas.
- Damp dusting, mopping floors and vacuuming as necessary
- Regular cleaning of bathrooms and toilets including scrubbing and de-scaling baths and tiles, clearing plug holes and taps de-scaling showerheads, removing soap and cleaning around light switches and door handles etc.
- Ensure all rubbish bins are emptied on a daily basis
- Occasional cleaning of doors, windows and other areas as required.
- Clean spillages as required.
- Maintain cleaning equipment, including keeping cleaning equipment clean and informing the Registered Manager when equipment or stocks require replacement.
- Ensure that cleaning materials, chemicals and substances are properly and safely used and
stored at all times.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with health and safety regulations.
- Assist with laundry duties as required.
- Undertake kitchen and dining room duties, for example laying and clearing tables, washing up etc as required.
- Participate in training and support meetings as required.
- Adhere to policies and procedures within the Home and Greensleeves Care.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed; the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the manager from time to time.