Fixed Term 1 year Contract
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
As a People Manager at Searcys you would be responsible for the overall management and development of all People aspects to enable delivery of the People Plan, including recruitment and selection, learning and development, talent management and succession planning, supporting the delivery of the people talent strategy and Employee Relations. This is an exciting opportunity that offers excellent potential to make a significant contribution to our people and business.
- This is a hands-on role and day to day role.
- Co-ordinate advertisements for external and internal publications.
- Undertake and assist with all recruitment of all team members, this includes conducting interviews, facilitating assessments, and providing candidate feedback.
- Ensure all personnel are fully referenced and legality checked before commencement of work with Searcys.
- Ensure all staff are issued with the correct documentation including contract, job descriptions and their induction plan.
- Ensure all new and internally transferred staff are onboarded and inducted into Searcys.
- Ensuring all Heads of Department are complying with the recruitment process seeking authority to recruit, updating HR System including proof of right to work.
- Liaise with the General Manager and Heads of Department to ensure appropriate training for staff at all levels of the business is carried out and recorded.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all training activities and adjust future activities accordingly.
- Produce all payroll information, to include casual, fixed labour reports and holiday pay and overtime, entitlements.
- Co-ordinate staff incentive programmes.
- Assist and advise line managers in all disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Inform teams of all relevant legal requirements including (but not exclusively) Health & Safety, Disciplinary procedures, and Equal Opportunities policies.
- Advise Management on personnel issues as required.
- Ensure that all personnel practices are in line with both Searcys and the Clients’ standards and this is cascaded down through all levels of the organisation.
As our People Manager you will possess a passion for providing an excellent people service, have generalist experience within a fast-faced and dynamic business, experience in hospitality, retail and similar environments with a distinguished focus on people service will be an advantage.
As well as the above you will be CIPD level 5 qualified or have relevant experience, a self starter, and adaptable. You will be full of energy and ideas that you can bring to our People and encourage the wider teams to be involved and motivated. Being able to think 'outside of the box' and manage each case appropriately with a commercial approach is a must.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.