The Ring of Bells Inn have a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to join their busy team as a restaurant supervisor.
Number of Positions Available
Welcome to the Ring of Bells Inn, North Bovey, Dartmoor – a popular watering hole for locals and visitors alike, with good westcountry real ales, a specially-selected wine list and a menu that prides itself on locally sourced ingredients.
Detailed Job Description
The Ring of Bells Inn, North Bovey, Dartmoor is a popular watering hole for locals and visitors alike, with good west country real ales, a specially-selected wine list and a menu that prides itself on locally sourced ingredients.
They are looking for an apprentice restaurant supervisor to join their buy team and learn the trade alongside working to gain a Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Qualification.
Duties to include:
• Assist the Restaurant Manager in Interviewing, selecting, training, supervising,
the Restaurant staff.
• Supervising the floor during meal periods to ensure that all standards and
steps of service are met through all guests interactions.
• Ensuring that checklists, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are being completed for each shift.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff.
• Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
• Ensure staffing levels for are accurate based on time of year and expected business levels. Organise and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as menu changes / specials.
• Communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or busy periods, serving as a role model for the staff and other employees.
• Ensure basic standard operating procedures are in place and are in
compliance with Food Safety and Health and Safety regulations.
• Ensuring that all steps of services as outlines in training materials are being followed on a daily basis.
• Interact positively with customers promoting our services. Resolve
problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Answer telephones in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations. Organise special events in the restaurant such as receptions. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend any relevant meetings.
To be fully competent and trained in all aspects of Food and Beverage Service
Able to lead a team
Able to work under pressure
Excellent levels of communication and organisational skills
Level 2 Food and Beverage Service or equivalent.
Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
continuation of employment
Training to be Provided
Hospitality Supervisor apprenticeship Level 3
Maths and English if required
40 hours per week. 5 days per week to include weekends and evenings.
Things to consider
Are you able commute to and from work as this is a remote location.