Can you uphold our SHARP values? Are you Supportive, Honest, Active, Responsible and Passionate? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
We have an opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef to join our exceptional kitchen team at The Plough Inn in Kelmscott, Lechlade. The Plough Inn is a quintessential country village pub, a 'real' local pub, and a hidden gem off the beaten track. For more details, please visit The Plough Inn
The ideal Sous Chef will have a passion for high quality seasonal produce and delivering inspired, unique, individual dishes and menu selections. You will also be a well organised & strong person, able to develop new menus alongside our Head chef. The Sous Chef will need to be able to maintain the smooth running of the kitchen. We are looking for someone experienced within the role in a similar environment.
The role and responsibilities...
- Assisting the Head Chef in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes
- Preparing, cooking and presenting high quality ingredients for your section
- Assisting with the management of food hygiene practices
- Managing, training and mentoring any junior chefs
- Monitoring portion and waste control – highlight any concerns to the Head Chef
- Support the Head Chef to ensure that the kitchen team comply with all Health and Safety, Food Safety and hygiene standards
- Responsible for ensuring all kitchen equipment in your section is maintained and used in a safe and correct manner
- A competitive salary paying from £31,000 and a share of the tips
- Pro Active+ health and wellbeing cashback scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Food and accommodation discounts at all our stunning pubs
- Mentoring and personal development with an opportunity for career progression
- Free on-site parking
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity within an amazing team, please send your updated CV to email@example.com or click apply now!