We offer competitive salaries, transparent career paths, mastery training courses, Brewhub - our online employee portal with access to hundreds of Nationwide discounts, wellbeing centre and the opportunity to be part of a fun and inclusive culture.
When we started out in 2013 with our first site in Portsmouth we wanted to create a place where we could inspire people to become as passionate about beer as we are. Each of our pubs has a microbrewery onsite and is paired with one of our talented head brewers who tinkers around the brewery whilst our guests sit, watch and drink the beer that was made for them just a few ft. away.
When it comes to food our ethos we keep things simple, and never fail to meet our own standards. We love Beer especially cooking with it which is why we incorporate our brewed here beers into our dishes as much as possible
At Brewhouse and Kitchen, we work with fun and honest people, who LOVE BEER and relish the opportunity to look after our guests. It is important to us that our teams are happy, as happy people do amazing things.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sous chef to join our team at our brewpub in Nottingham.
As sous chef of our site in Nottingham you will be responsible for assisting our head chef he following;
- Financial management and development of the Kitchen
- Recruiting, training and developing a guest focused team
- Ensuring the business is safe and compliant with HSE regulations
- Ensuring dishes are served to the highest quality at all times
Primarily we are looking for a person that shares our values and has an interest in beer. It is important to us that you are result driven and have proven experience in shaping a high performing team. You will have experience in a service focused pub where food is a key revenue stream.
We hire people who want to grow, learn and develop and aspire to be part of something incredible. We always aim to raise our game and beat our personal best, we look for like-minded people to join our team. If this sounds good to you, and you fancy a challenge then get in touch!
- Alongside the Head Chef - To have ownership of all aspects of your Kitchen, promoting our values and the core essence of Brewhouse and Kitchen.
- To lead your Kitchen team towards achieving their potential, and to drive the performance of the kitchen and pub through your team members
- To encourage an independent thought and creative spirit from all of our kitchen team to deliver an exceptional guest experience.
Technical Skills/ qualifications
- Ability to achieve First Aid, Fire Warden and all other compliance courses.
- Legally allowed to work in the UK
- Have the flexibility to be able to work evenings and weekends including bank holidays
- Be of reasonably good health and have sufficient stamina to work in a pressurised, physical environment.
- A minimum of 12 months Sous Chef experience in a similar type of operation
- Literate and numerate to a reasonable level in order to complete daily financial activities and company procedures.
- Comfortable using basic computer programmes